Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Glimpses of Summer

This week the children are home from school because of Spring Break. I am having glimpses of how difficult Summer can be with them all home and in each other's space. I am planning now for Summer (I do this every year right about this time). Here are some things we have done so far to keep busy:

Hid eggs for our annual Easter egg hunt. This is our first Easter at our new house and we had tons of places to hide eggs on 3.5 acres. Hunter even found eggs a day after the hunt. Good thing because the eggs were loaded with change instead of candy so he is $.30 richer.

Taylor planted strawberries with her Dad and was quite proud of herself. Her Dad has quite a green thumb and since we have moved in he has planted 22 blueberry bushes, 4 peach trees, 3 cherry trees, 2 apple trees, blackberries, a pecan tree, raspberries, muscadine and concord grapes. We hope to be hauling in a bunch of crops this summer. That should keep the children busy. If they fight I can tell them to go weed the orchard. OOOhhhh, I like that idea! Have a great Spring Break everyone.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm jealous of all those plants. I'm sure you'll have a garden too. But I'm not jealous of the work. Honestly I was relieved when the kids went back to school today. I'm not looking forward to summer. Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so jealous! i love planting and growing things. i can't wait until i get a house with a yard. isabella is quite the little gardener herself.

    ReplyDelete