Friday, April 9, 2010

A new discovery

Roger has been diligently working in the yard to prepare for summer. He was walking around the pond when he saw a HUGE turtle crawling out of the creek. The turtle was startled and crawled back to the creek. McKay comes running in the house and tells me to grab the camera. I reluctantly grabbed the camera and walked to the creek. We then saw the turtle and it was huge! It is a snapping turtle so I told Roger that the boys can never swim in the pond again. I told him that last summer but he didn't listen....maybe now he will! Taylor was very excited that I was able to snap a picture because she had described the turtle to her Dad last year and he had his doubts. Well Taylor, you were right and he were wrong. Here is one of the photos that I captured. I wonder how old the little creature is?


No comments:

Post a Comment